Pregnancy is one the most precious periods in the life of a woman. You go through various physical and emotional transformations. The sense of responsibility is also high as you have to take extra care to protect and nourish the little one who is growing inside you. Unlike the popular belief that a mother needs to stop doing all works and take complete rest, researchers have proven that exercising during pregnancy is very beneficial for the mother and the baby. An efficient pregnancy work out plan can do wonders for both you and the baby. Even gynecologists nowadays encourage them to be mothers to stay active and fit to avoid any complication at the later stage of the pregnancy. You can read more about benefits of staying active during pregnancy through various online health portals or parenting blogs like www.eatright.org/resource/health/pregnancy/prenatal-wellness/the-importance-of-physical-activity-during-pregnancy
Medically Proven Benefits Of Pregnancy Workouts
1. Rejuvenates mood and enhances energy level: One of the primary side effects of pregnancy is experiencing a sudden dip in energy level. The body slows down, and there are drastic mood swings. By following an exercise regime, you can increase your physical tolerance to do day to day essential works. It helps in energizing the cardiovascular system, which in turn enhances the overall energy levels.
2. Reduces the chance of developing any complications in the pregnancy: Fetal complications often play a vital role in increasing the mortality rate of pregnant women or the babies in all parts of the world. One of the common causes of fetal complications is gestational diabetes. It causes high risk to the health of the child and the mother. The best way to reduce such risks is to practice exercises after consulting with your gynecologist
3. Helps to prepare the female for childbirth: The process of childbirth is one of the most painful and physically tiring processes. Hence your body also has to be prepared for coping up with the stress levels and pain experienced in those few minutes. Exercising on a regular basis helps to reduce the time of labor and smoothen the process of delivery.
4. Helps to get rid of the complexes regarding the reshaping of the body after delivery and reduce the anxiety to get back in shape: While being pregnant is the most miraculous feeling, the fear of losing your body shape and all those extra pregnancy fats can give you sleepless nights. But practicing a proper exercise routine helps in shedding all those extra pounds and look fit and fab as before.
5. Improves sleeping patterns: Taking good rest and getting sound sleep is one of the essential requirements of a pregnant woman. Pregnancy workouts make the body tired and helps in getting a sound sleep.
These benefits may be very lucrative, but before starting up the exercise schedule, you need to consult with your doctor and get a list of dos and don’ts. Also following the right technique and posture is crucial. A wrong turn or twist may seriously affect the baby. Hence always ensure you only join proper classes conducted by experts. It would be a great idea to encourage your spouse to accompany you to do exercises. It can turn out to be a memorable experience for you both.